Studies across the board show that the more content you produce, the more engagement you’ll have. Maintaining a constant stream of content establishes you as an authority in your space, solves problems for your audience, and drives brand awareness and engagement. But creating good, unique, & valuable content is hard! And it should be!! But then how do you maintain your presence across so many platforms with a continuous stream of up to date content?? You don’t have to create content day in and day out. You just have to work on getting the content you already have in the hands of more people. They key to this is to #Recycle
Recycling content isn’t cheating. In fact, it’s a good opportunity to either put a fresh coat of paint on an old piece of content or make sure new audiences see past content at relevant times or places. The last thing you want is to keep turning out quality product that no one ever sees, so don’t be afraid to recycle in order to optimize & maximize it.
A few helpful tips on the best way to recycle:
- Only repurpose content that is evergreen in nature, aka content that continues to be valuable and relevant over the months (or years).
- Take content outside your site, you can receive quality links back to your site for improved SEO
- Go back to your older blog posts and see which can be rewritten. A slightly different slant can give new life to an old post!
- Use #TBT (Throwback Thursday) or ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) to repeat old posts. And add some different text
- Take pieces of your old posts and put it into your email newsletter. Maybe use a different image, from further down in the post, and add a sentence or two.
- Chop up your video and reuse it in different ways. You could take a one-minute video and create three or four shorter videos